Life and Health Insurance
Accidents and illnesses can happen unexpectedly and lead to serious health problems. Whether circumstances leave you fighting for your life or with a long recovery road ahead, if something happens to you, it’s critical to have proper insurance coverage to take care of yourself and your loved ones.
What Is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an essential coverage that can help you access doctors and hospitals, and pay for medical expenses, such as prescriptions, treatments and preventive care. There are many different options when it comes to health insurance plans, such as the following:
- Individual and family plans.
- Group health insurance plans.
- Vision and dental insurance.
- Prescription insurance.
- Health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Disability insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Long-term care (LTC) insurance.
- Travel health insurance.
- Medical expense health insurance.
- Medical spending accounts (e.g., health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts and health reimbursement arrangements)
Health insurance plans can be adjusted or augmented to take into account your budget and medical needs.
What Is Life Insurance?
In the event of your death, life insurance can assist survivors with various expenses. This coverage provides a predetermined sum of money to the policy’s beneficiary, which may be essential for keeping your family and loved ones afloat financially after your death.
There are two primary types of life insurance, including:
- Term life insurance—A term life policy provides a death benefit to your loved ones if you die during the policy’s term. This term might be a period of 10, 20, 30 or more years, depending on the expiration date of the policy. If you do not die during this time, the policy does not pay and will expire when the term ends. You will also have to reapply for a new policy if you want to continue to have coverage.
- Whole life insurance—A whole life policy will last for the remainder of your life once you enroll. It will not expire unless you stop paying for it. Additionally, such a policy offers cash value investment opportunities. This cash value component can enable you to receive a source of income during your lifetime (in addition to the eventual death benefit).
Several other types of life insurance also exist. Speak to one of our agents to determine which type of coverage suits your particular needs.
Protect Yourself With the Right Coverage
Even people in good health can be blindsided by an unexpected accident or unforeseen circumstances. In these situations, the right health and life insurance policies can provide your family with financial stability and peace of mind. Contact TW Group Inc today to receive a quote and learn more.